(Walt Cobb is pictured here on a recent tour of Gibraltar Mine)
There are four pillars in my plan to generate economic stability in Williams Lake. They stand alone but are supported and dependent on each other.
· We must first diversify our Industrial Tax base.
· We need to work with existing industry and encourage expansion
where possible and support them in broadening their product line.
· This in turn will allow the increase or need for smaller business and
retail stores to support their needs.
· We must improve our relationships with all stakeholders within, as
well as, outside our boundaries.
· We must initiate an understanding of the needs and, more particularly,
develop a fair taxation system to encourage expansion or redevelopment.
· We need to look at the small business needs as well.
Operational and Business Development:
· Council must be proactive, support and lobby for any new resource
development within our region.
· We must improve Municipal operations so that if a development
needs services within the City we can deal with them in a timely and
· This could be done through the reinstatement of our economic
development volunteer committee and a direct focus on results.
· We must improve our knowledge of what industry might need and
them to understand our needs.
· We must improve our effectiveness to accommodate those needs
through improved communications to all stakeholders.
· We must remove unnecessary roadblocks and time delays where
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
|< Prev||Next >|